Using Commas in Dates and Addresses
Your Turn Read the comma rules. Then read the paragraph, which needs commas in dates and addresses. Write each date and address with correct commas, or print the lesson to mark your corrections.
- When a month, day, and year are listed, place a comma between the day and year: July 22, 2018.
- If the month, day, and year come in the middle of a sentence, place another comma after the year: I will celebrate July 22, 2018, as my birthday.
- In an address, place a comma after the street and between the city and state:
1714 North Harvey Street, Griffith, IN 46300.
- Do not place a comma between the state and the ZIP code.
- If the address comes in the middle of a sentence, place another comma after the address: My family has lived at 1714 North Harvey Street, Griffith, Indiana, for four years.
Happy Birthday, U.S.A.
Happy Birthday, U.S.A. (corrected)
Using Commas in Dates and Addresses by Thoughtful Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at barclaycard-deutschland.info/minilesson/using-commas-dates-and-addresses.